Sunday, October 03, 2010

I dreamed the rain was coming down in the house, I was looking everywhere for containers to catch the drips and streams. Searching around the kitchen I hear the sound of the rain streaming own outside the back door. I open the door and look out, the rain falling down over the garden, on the washing on the lines throwing a misty veil over the pampas grass. I realise that the rain isn't the only noise, that there's a watery throbbing a pulling of shingle over the fence to my left. I peer up to look and see the sea is in the garden next door, it looks like it's flooded a construction site and bundles of huge yellow plastic pipes and timber are floating around, the waves are washing right up to the first floor windows of the neighbours house and the only thing between us and the sea is the garden fence. I think to myself that I had better close the back door, then I realise that over there is the ocean and that the door is not going to keep it out if it wants to come in.

No comments: