Friday, July 21, 2006

the worm

a recurring dream

a worm is trying to get out of my body. out of my navel. i always look at it, and i always feel both panicky and completely calm. sometimes it's more like a snake, but most of the times it's just a small thing. it keeps struggling and struggling and never manages to quite get out. my navel keeps it in. this dream comes to me four or five times a year.

last year, i had this dream one last time. one night, after much tossing and turning, the worm finally struggled free. i woke up with a start. i lay there, panting, feeling both scared and happy. the worm had finally gone.

but where did it go? and will it come back?

(this worm is unrelated to the very real worm that did actually come out of my skin one day, although luckily it wasn't my navel, or that would have really freaked me out)

No comments: